SeniorDirectory.com, LLC, a Colorado limited liability company (“Senior Directory” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.seniordirectory.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications and/or plug-ins you download from this Website, which provide non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- Through any other sources.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Senior Directory or a third party, including our affiliates or subsidiaries; or
- Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, screen name, credit card or other financial information, or any other personally identifiable information identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your gender, age, and geographic location; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, Google Analytics, and other tracking technologies.
- Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, signing up for our newsletter, requesting information about senior care facilities and services, making purchases, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and feedback purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your requests or orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing a request or order through our Website.
- Any other types of information you provide to us.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you use the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain such data or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This data collection helps us improve the Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (“flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as “web beacons” (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Senior Directory, for example, to count users who have visited a page, opened an email, or for other similar website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically but, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may tie statistical information collected automatically to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you voluntarily provide to us.
- How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us including, but not limited to, referrals to senior care facilities and services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- If applicable, to provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, at our discretion.
- To connect you with third parties, including, but not limited to, senior care facilities and other service providers.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it, at our discretion.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To receive newsletters from Senior Directory
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, if any, who are bound by the same standards and policies that apply to Senior Directory.
- To contractors, service providers, care facilities, and other third parties who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of Senior Directory’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Senior Directory about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Senior Directory, our Website users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Senior Directory to promote our, or a third party’s, products or services, you can send us an opt-out email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Senior Directory as a result of a subscription purchase or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect, or that you provide to us, to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com..
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Data Security. We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.