Our founder, Kenny Higdon, started 5 Star Home Care in 2007 after seeing the challenge his Mother had when trying to find help for his Grandmother. She wanted to find someone caring and honest who would be gentle with his Grandmother, but was unable to find an agency she was comfortable with so she provided the care herself, at great personal expense. Filling this need for families is the reason he started 5 Star Home Care. We are now 200 caregivers strong, helping families across Tennessee.
* The 5 Star Difference
Unlike most agencies, 5 Star Home Care is NOT a franchise. Using a locally-owned agency like 5 Star has its advantages over a franchise of a large national corporation. One such advantage is clients of 5 Star know they can pick up the phone and speak with the owner if necessary. This shows 5 Star's commitment to accountability and responsibility. This personal touch goes unmatched.
Our services are provided by licensed, bonded and insured caregivers. The most commonly requested needs are listed below.
• Home Care: light housework, meal preparation, laundry services, medication reminders and transportation/errand running.
• Personal Care: bathing, dressing, walking, and transferring from bed/bath/toilet.
• Other: Companionship and sitting services.
* Financial Info
• Private Pay: Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a 4 hour minimum.
• Long Term Care Insurance: We can invoice your Long Term Care Insurance company directly so you’re never out-of-pocket.
• Veterans Administration: We are providers for the personal care programs offered by the V.A.
• Tenncare Choices: We are a provider of Tenncare Choices.
• AAAD: We are a provider of AAAD care programs.
* Smart Choice Program:
If you have your own private caregiver, have you thought about how much it would cost you if your caregiver got hurt on the job? You could be forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars if they had an accident while taking care of you. If this a concern to you, then SMART CHOICE offers you the peace and protection you seek. It’s only offered by 5 Star Home Care and costs just $2/hr. On this program your caregiver’s taxes will also be taken out so you don’t have to worry about the IRS coming after you for not paying the required payroll taxes on your caregiver.
Our commitment is to treat our clients with the same respect and concern we show our own family members. Please call us with any questions you have or to start services. Our number is 423-893-8181, then option 1.
Kenny Higdon, Owner & Founder
5 Star Home Care