Still enjoy flipping through the pages of a printed copy? So do we! Click on the button below to start receiving Senior Directory right at your doorstep!
Order your printed copy of Senior Directory today!
I prefer the digital copy, please.
Captioned Telephone (CapTel) enables you to hear, read captions and speak during phone calls. This no-charge service is designed for people who have hearing loss. Placing a call on a CapTel phone is just like using a standard phone, but even better. Each time you use the CapTel phone to make or answer a call, you will be automatically connected to a captioning service. 1 You speak directly to the other party on the CapTel phone. 2 The other party talks directly to you while the captioner listens. 3 The captioner transcribes the other party’s voiced message into captions. 4 You listen and read the captions on the CapTel phone. Tennessee CapTel offers different phone models. All models have a built-in answering machine, a button to enable/disable captioning service, volume control features, and adjustable font sizes and colors. All are hearing aid, cochlear implant, and BAHA compatible. Plus, all models have a one-touch blue button for calling Customer Service.
Tennessee Captioned Telephone
• Tennessee Relay and Tennessee CapTel provide no-charge services that enable people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind, or those with a Speech Disability to place and receive phone calls.
• Provide Sponsorships
• Provide Webinars at no cost
• Provide Training at no cost
• Will travel to trade shows to exhibit our analog CapTel 840 phone and other modes of communication access.
• Provide Presentations at no cost
• Partner with TDAP (Tennessee Devices Access Program) - In accordance with the Act, the program is designed to distribute appropriate telecommunications devices so that persons who have a disability may effectively use basic telephone service. The Tennessee Public Utility Commission was given the responsibility and authority to implement and manage this program.
Join one of our monthly webinars to learn more about Tennessee Relay & CapTel Services. The webinars are accessible with sign language interpreters, English interpretation, and live captions.
Our webinars are available at no cost to anyone who lives or works in Tennessee. After you have completed the webinar training, you will receive a certificate of participation.
To sign-up, go to https://tennrelay.com/webinar/
Simply fill out the form provided, select the webinar(s) that you would like to join, and click the “Register” button. You will receive a confirmation email with the details for joining your selected webinar(s). It would be greatly appreciated for you to register your selected webinar dates at least 5 business days in advance.